The following school districts are currently participating in the Berks Online Learning program:
Antietam - Daniel Boone - Exeter - Governor Mifflin - Oley Valley - Schuylkill Valley - Twin Valley
Other districts may be in the process of establishing an agreement with Berks Online Learning or may have opted to provide an alternative cyber education program. Students with an interest in BOL who live in districts not listed above should contact their school guidance counselor for more information.
Through its partnerships with multiple vendors, BCIU is able to provide top-quality online education through Berks Online Learning at a significantly lower rate than other leading providers. Districts can now offer their students a broader range of courses with convenient scheduling options without putting a strain on district resources.
$ 16,000 – $ 20,000 for a 4-year, full-time, six-course program.
Berks Online Learning provides a cost-effective alternative for full-time students who want a cyber education program.
NEW AND IMPROVED
Berks Online Learning has expanded to meet these important needs:
- more K—12 course offerings
- greater teacher support
- credit recovery options
- advanced placement courses
- physical education solution
- synchronous lessons
- accelerate program
- honors classes
Berks Online Learning now partners with multiple cyber education vendors: Accelerate Education, Apex Learning, Advanced Academics, Aventa Learning, Bridgewater Academy, Connections Learning, Edgenuity (formally E2020), K-12, and Lincoln Interactive.
Berks Online Learning can be used by districts to fill in personnel gaps, to augment existing curriculum, and to support special programs or circumstances, such as summer school, alternative education, expulsions, etc.
- provide options for online experiences for students in Berks County schools
- provide opportunities for current cyber students to return to school districts
- offer a flexible alternative for districts to customize learning opportunities for students
FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR STUDENTS
- students who want a full-time cyber option
- students who want/need a part-time cyber option
- hybrid models (CTC, gifted education)
- credit recovery (summer school)
- expanded existing curriculum
- students with IEPs (full- or part-time options)
Districts can meet IEP accommodations by utilizing a district special education teacher or by contracting with the BCIU to provide full-service options customized to meet individual needs.
- accelerate (summer course options)
BCIU works with school districts, students, families, hardware suppliers, and cyber education vendors through every step of the program, ensuring a quality educational experience.
BCIU functions as a liaison between local district guidance counselors, online instructors, and students, monitoring student progress and providing status updates.
BCIU Support Services
To facilitate an effective, rewarding educational experience, BCIU provides individualized student advising services, including:
- Enrollment assistance
- Education plan creation
- Academic support
- Student progress monitoring and measurement
- Attendance tracking
- Regular contact with students and their parents and guardians
BCIU offers expert administrative support so that students and their families can focus on learning.
School District Inquiries
For more information about the possibility of providing the Berks Online Learning program to students in your district, school personnel should contact Jeff Rothenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-898-8950.